Monday, April 16, 2007

When the Democrats can find the time.

It would be nice if they could get some of the oil company execs to make a trip to the Capitol to testify under oath why the gas prices *really* are as high as they are. When I filled up my tank last Monday afternoon the price was $2.56 a gallon at the BP across the street from where I work. I just looked out the window at their sign and nearly had a heart attack. It's $2.74 right now. That's an $.18 rise in 7 days. Take a look at the performance of Exxon stock over the last 3 years and you'll know where your paycheck has been going:

http://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=XOM&time=3yr

Oh, and don't give me that refineries line that the oil companies and their lackeys are so fond of parroting. Here is some info to counter their finger pointing when they say that it's the environmental laws that prevent them from making new refineries:

http://www.citizen.org/cmep/energy_enviro_nuclear/electricity/Oil_and_Gas/articles.cfm?ID=11829

Wasn't cheap oil supposed to just flow like a wide open tap after the Iraq invasion? I thought the oil was going to be some collateral for the cost? I guess that no one in the White House could have foreseen that gas prices would be this high. That's the usual dog ate my paper excuse that they give.

No comments: