Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Harbin speaks out - Expresses regret to the family of the utility pole he destroyed.

(photo of Rep. Harbin courtesy of the House website, I have no idea if he has a tall boy Budweiser in his hands out of frame. Anyone know what Harbin's favorite drink happens to be?)


Rep. Ben Harbin, the chairman of one of the most powerful committees in the Georgia State House, has finally issued a statement about his DUI arrest following a 1 AM car crash on Memorial Drive last Sunday morning. Excerpts from his statement with my comments accompanying them:





"Obviously, I would like to express regret over my accident on Sunday,"


Translation – Damn, I hated wrecking that car.


"I would also like to express my gratitude for the overwhelming support and
concern I've received from my family and friends."


Translation – My family and friends are now worried about my political viability and have talked with me about what in the hell I’m going to do now.


"I am thankful to God that I was not injured,"


Translation – Whew! That was a close call. What? Shouldn’t I be glad that I didn’t kill an innocent person when I wrecked? Hell no. Anyone who’s out on Memorial Drive at 1 AM on a Sunday can’t be up to something good. If I had hit ‘em, well, let’s just say my legal bills would be a bit more pricey.


"I pledge to continue my public service to my District and the people of
Georgia."


Translation – Resign from office? Are you nuts! This is one cushy job and I ‘aint givin' it up until ya’ll run me off.

No comments: