Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Quitting smoking - Day 2 - No one has died...yet

O, you devil nicotine. I’m in the second day and I’m doing better than I was on Monday. Yesterday was awful. I was happy, I was sad, I was cranky, I was dizzy and hyperventilating. Today I just feel tired and sleepy, I still have the jitters and I feel really low speed. I’m still Jonesin' for an un-filtered Pall Mall but I’m hanging on tight.

I'm sucking so much hard candy that a little ulcer has erupted on the tip of my tongue, which always sucks. You know the kind I am talking about. You get it anytime you overdo hard candy. I've got a lot of healthy (and naughty) food treats at home to help me make it through this. I have a daily workout so that should help me keep the extra pounds in check. Then again, I've had a 30 inch waist ever since high school and that was 25 years ago, so I think I'll be fine.

The nicotine gum will save me. Instead of Nicorette I am using the CVS store brand nicotine gum, mint flavor. Does anyone know if CVS, Walgreens or Eckards sells store brand nicotine gum in flavors other than mint? I think I'm going to need variety in the gum but I won't complain if all I get is the store brand mint. Junkies can't be picky.

Honest to goodness, I think I will always miss my Pall Malls, like any junkie does when he gives up his dope of choice.

No comments: