Saturday, April 7, 2007

It's going to be a late night

Something is really wrong with me. I'm sure the response most people would have to that statement is, "Of course something is wrong with you. You are one of those conspiracy nuts."

The Formula 1 season has begun and I will be staying up late tonight to watch the race live from Malaysia. I don't even like the course they are racing on this week but I will still be sitting in front of the TV at 2:30 AM just to watch the race. What the hell is wrong with me? I've done this for years and freely I acknowledge that the quality of Formula 1 has been in decline for years. Am I really in that desperate need of a life? Formula 1 is a niche sport in America so perhaps that offers more of an explanation for my behavior than anything else.

Pleasures are few and fleeting in this life so I suppose that my justification of doing this is legitimate in some way. But it still wrecks havoc with my sleep patterns and Monday morning is going to be a real bear.

No comments: